WINTER SQUASH~

Provides impressive amounts of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Runner's World suggests that Winter Squash may be the perfect recovery meal! This is because the hour after exercise the body is more susceptible to viruses due to a weakened immune system and one cup of this baby provides 145 % of your Daily Value of beta-carotene and a third of your daily need of vitamin C. A definite must for the immune system so we can keep our energy up with this cold weather! Another plus with winter squash....it's low in calories, so eat up! It's really easy to prepare, so try it out! Oh and Costco sells Butternut Squash pre-cubed in a bag(I'm sure grocery stores do that too) But how easy does that make it!?
14 comments:
OMG. I love this combination too. I was just craving it last night.
I sure love how smart you are! You are SO inspiring. I'll start WW again on Dec 30th :)
Thanks Chrissy! Well just so you know.... you can watch little Ivy WHENEVER you want!!!
I LOVE spaghetti squash. Except last time I tried to make it, it didn't quite turn out like my mom's...
and I like that photo of the winter squash! So pretty.
THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS INFO. Gosh you are soo on the ball. I wish I had your discipline. I too hvae been feeling like crap b/c of bad eating. Yours probably isn't as excessive though. Thanks for sharing the yummy idea and info behind it. keep it comin girl...
I loved this last months issue with this in it! Runner's World is the best! And I went to a store that does the foot analysis, and it was awsome!!
Wow! Is that what a vegetable looks like? I don't think I have seen one in over a week! Thanks NY! I feel like CRAP!
Thanks for re-motivating me Christy!
We too, love homeade sauce over spaghetti squash. It's one of my favs. I also like to grill up eggplant and top it with a tomato sauce. Yum!!
So is there any chance that you and your husband would like to come home the weekend of the 29th of Feb. and run in the Wickenberg relay race. We need a team of 12..it's 24 hours and 189 miles. Each person has to run 3 legs within the 24 hours. It is $85 per person and it will be so much fun. Eric says of all his races and tri's that a relay he did was by far the most fun!! We have to pay for it in a couple of days so talk to Chris and let me know. Courtney said she was in for a relay so I am just waiting to hear if she is in for this one.
What the heck?! Do you do spell check on all my posts now? Your such a brat! ;) Thanks I will correct that immediately!
So your in for the relay? We will chat later.
So funny that we are leaving comments at the same time. We would be thrilled to have you join us for the relay. Natalie Hall is also in and she is trying to talk Clint and Meghan in as well. I will find out the website from Eric and email it to you tonight. I'm so excited..I just think being in the car for so long with everyone will be hilarious. Lots of fun and laughs for sure!
BTW, you missed one! Definitely. I corrected it for you in advance!
wow, right when I thought I was done reading the new comment there was a new one!
Christy..
You can just pay whenever. No rush..I know Christmas is stressful,,especially for students. If I see you while your here then great. If you want to mail it after Christmas is over then that works too. No big deal. Thanks..I'm so glad your in. We need to decide who is doing what leg so let me know if you or Chris have a preference. Talk to you soon
Hey I have heard of that relay! A lady I work with really wanted to get a team together but I don't think that we know that many people!!! Don't you have to get 12 people?! who knows though... she is still working on it and I would LOVE to do something like that.
Post a Comment