These two things could've been very helpful yesterday......
Yes, I know some of you were running in the rain yesterday but I promise that's 10 times better than snow! I know I need to stop my complaining and get use to these conditions. I need to learn to love them but running in 3-4 inches deep of snow while snow is falling in my eyes isn't the best of running! My ankles killed and they still kill today! I guess it's time to do some research on what I can do. Also, my apparel definitely needs some upgrading!
Any suggestions are more than welcome!!
(Natalie, I know you lived up here and ran in this all the time....help me!)


9 comments:
Did you not check out the article in your Runner's World?! Haha! But serioiusly, there is an article about running in the winter.
Sorry you are in pain still...next years solution?....Live in AZ!
Christy! You failed to mention that not only did you run in the snow...
but that you ran 9 MILES!
IN THE DARK!
IN 20 DEGREE WEATHER!
Don't be shy now.
After reading Emily's comment, I realize now that...YOU'RE NUTS!
Thanks for sharing that info about my psycho sister-in-law Emily!
Christy,
Darling, you have become an addict! I think you are ready for the 100-mile endurance run the first weekend after Labor Day, stretching from Layton to Sundance.
I don't know which Natalie you are writing about, but heck! let me tell you about my fun times running in the Wasatch valley: once you start, you never turn back.
I remember so many times getting so down about the winters in Utah. I laughed reading your post. But I somehow would always find ways to still run in that crazy, cold weather. One thing to watch for is that people do not always have control on those slushy roads, so be careful! Constantly watch cars because they can slide right into sidewalks at any given moment. That always scared me so I was always lots more aware of cars than I usually was versus running in the summertime. I think I always thought I was just invincible.
Christy, you are young, so you better be really careful out there. (I sound like your mother!)
There were lots of falls and dives over the years, pretty hillarious. If anyone was ever around to witness I knew they had a great laugh.
It is so wonderful because you can pretty much do it wherever you are and it does not require a bunch of fancy gear, and you can take off right out your front door.
Mentally I always take on so much more if I can just manage to get in that strong run we all love to feel. But when it started getting really too crappy to handle, I would pop in those movies and hit the darn treadmill.(Titanic, for some odd reason was a good one.) That is really fun that you are so passionate about it. Good luck! You just look amazing.... And be soooo careful.
So I do win for the longest post about nothing!
Hey Christy- What kind of shoes do you have? What kind of shoes do you love the most- I'm in the market and want to ask around so I get some good one's
so i went running last night, are you so proud of me?! haha, its a start. but i can tell you this much, i don't think i will be out running 9 miles in 4 inches of snow...on the other hand, i would consider going snowboarding, maybe next time it snows we can do that together instead!! then you won't have to worry about running in the snow :) hehe
Christy!!! I found you! How are you? Where do you guys live?
Hops all is well!
Keep in touch!
Christy babe, can I get your home address. Thanks a million.
nataliehall@gmail.com
Hi C&C -
It's Linds again. I know we ran into each other out & about while I was up there in rehab (you know, running on the canyon trail, shopping at Nordstrom, enjoying apple cider at Williams Sonoma), but I really miss ya'll and want to see how you're doing. I also want to thank you for all the motivation you offered me while I was out in Utah. And I love keeping up-to-date on the running advice, too. It's really helped me get through this rough patch and sail into happier times. Can't wait until you come to NYC for the marathon. You HAVE to stay at my place. Toodles. Linds.
Post a Comment