A week and a half ago I did invitro with 2 of my frozen embryos. Yes, frozen. Isn't that so neat that they can thaw embryos and that the little microscopic embryos actually survive the thawing process!? Amazing! So for the past couple of weeks, we've been praying A LOT. And I believe my sweet family & friends have also been praying...at least I have felt their prayers...
So this morning I went in for blood work. A regular pregnancy test wouldn't work. The reason it wouldn't work is because I've been taking way too many drugs/hormones that it would definitely give me a false positive. Anyway, I waited...and waited...and waited. Until finally they called at 3:30. I didn't want them calling my work and telling me and then the next minute me having to help a patient! So they left a message on my cell phone. So as I was walking out to my car, getting ready to listen to the message, nerves and all! I hear the dreaded words...'I'm sorry to tell you....' I actually listened to the message a couple more times, not sure why?! Then I shedded a few tears. No sobbing this time, which is improvement! Then called Chris. He was sad. We were somber. Then I told him, "You know what? We have so much to be grateful for!" Of course I was still disappointed, but I truly believed what I had just said.
I then sent the mass text to family & some friends that I knew were anxiously awaiting...prob just as anxiously as I was... and I was uplifted. I am so grateful for our wonderful family & friends and their sweet words. THANK YOU. It helped.
So, you know the Bitter. Here's the Sweet. My prayers were answered. I was truly comforted. My testimony has grown.
16 comments:
I love you Chris and Christy! You guys are amazing examples to us.
Love you guys. Love, love, love you!
Love you sis and Chris! You guys are amazing!!
The Bunker's love you guys as well! You're so strong and amazing Christy! I love you : )
Christy I am so sad to hear the news but I am greatful for your strong testimony because I know it will help guide you through whatever trials may come. I need to be more like you.
You guys are amazing! If you need anything or just a shoulder (ear) to cry on don't hesitate to call. Love you!
love you chrissy poo!
grrr that was me amy!
christy~ that was such a sweet post! Your attitude about this whole "getting preggers" thing is so uplifting to me! THANK YOU for being such a good example of that. It's super hard for me to stay that positive about it. Keep your head up lady!!
Hey Christy,
Haven't been blogging in so long. Good luck to you, your thoughts
and positive ways, inspire me.
You look great, hope to see you around.
love, emily
The Rigby's LOVE you, too!!!
you really have such a great attitude - what a blessing!
not that you're seeking advice from random strangers, but my cousin recently had 4 rounds of unsuccessful invitro before a new doctor tested her & found out she's insulin resistant and borderline diabetic. she had never had any symptoms, and is a thin, healthy girl who works out and is a runner. the meds they put her on were all she needed to make her 5th invitro successful. just wanted to mention that on the off-chance it might help you.
what a roller coaster of emotion! glad to hear that you're staying positive.
i cried for you both times, too. but i know a happy ending is in store.
looking forward to reconnecting with "christy christy" (that's what eli calls you two :)) soon!
Christy, you're amazing. I'm so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
My heart goes out to you. You are such an amazing example of accepting what has been given, and moving on. I don't know how you do it, but your optimism is inspiring.
Christy my heart goes out to you as well. Your in our prayers!
Post a Comment