6.19.2010

Utah Valley Marathon

This was our first full marathon! An amazing accomplishment that came with a roller coaster of emotions...first, the nerves prior to the start are enough to kill you. Followed by the high you feel at the beginning(the thought seriously ran through my head that the only feeling better then this would be chris and I welcoming our first baby) ha! That high went away pretty quickly for me. At mile 14, my IT band failed on me and the rest of the race consisted of an awkward run/stopping&stretching/walking :) but I finished and that's all that matters! Chris did awesome! Overall, a great experience to never be forgotten! Hope to do another some day :)

3 comments:

angela hardison said...

wow, congrats christy... you are awesome!

Natalie Johansen said...

I still cant believe you guys did that! So amazing!

Lisa Harris said...

WHAT!?! Christy, I am so so proud of you. It's about time dear! You are incredible. So happy and proud of you both! That was Rachael's first as well. Too bad you didn't run together.