 |
| Walking down the hospital hall to the room...we don't look excited do we?! |
 |
| hugging sweet Alyssa :) |
 |
| Alyssa introducing us to sweet little Mason |
 |
| LOVE |
 |
| Can't stop looking at him... |
 |
| So precious... |
 |
| not sure we have ever cried and smiled this much... it was surreal |
I'm not sure words can describe this moment for us... we stayed at the hospital for a couple of hours to hold Mason and to be with Alyssa and her family. Did I not mention that when we walked in to her room, there were at least 10 of her family members in there! They all wanted to be there when we saw him :) It was so great to share that with all of them. It was an incredible feeling there in the hospital room and I'm not sure there was a dry eye. She has the greatest family...we consider them part of our family now so I guess WE have the greatest family! It was so neat to hear everyone express their love and admiration for Alyssa. Everyone was just so proud of her.
 |
| Alyssa, Brayden and Mason |
Alyssa's love for Mason is...unconditional. It was love at first sight for her too. I remember her telling us that when she saw us holding Mason, she knew it was right. She knew we were his Mom & Dad. She loved him
that much that she wanted him to have a Mom & Dad. Mason is sooo lucky to have Alyssa in his life...WE'RE so lucky to have Alyssa in our lives. Mason is just so loved. He's so sweet and has the sweetest spirit about him. We all know how special he is!
So the next day, we were able to go down to the hospital again for a couple of hours, which we loved every second. We wanted to make sure Lyss had her time with him. She had a lot of visitors that day and didn't actually get a lot of time with just him so we didn't want to stay too long. It was hard to only get to see him for a couple of hours at a time...but I had to remind myself that he was eventually coming home with us and we then would see him all the time and that Alyssa really needed this time with him. How great is that...that we get to tell Mason how much his birthmom loves him...so much!
 |
| 1day old Mason & Dad |
Saturday morning came with giddy feelings because Mason was going to come back to the hotel with us that night...then Alyssa called that morning and told us that she was going to keep Mason until Monday. She made it clear that she still hadn't changed her mind about placing him with us but that she needed more time with him. She didn't want him to feel like she was in a hurry to place him with us...she wanted him to know that she kept him as long as she could. My heart was broken. A little fear came over me wondering if spending that much time alone with Mason would change her mind. I just remember sobbing. Chris and I just knelt down in prayer and prayed that everything would go according to the Lord's plan. And I had Chris give me a blessing and it was so powerful. He blessed me that I would be filled with
faith & hope instead of
fear. Our whole family was praying for Lyss...that she would be given strength during this hard time. Chris and I went over to Alyssa's home around 4pm and at that point Alyssa told us that she had changed her mind and that Mason needed to start bonding with us so she decided that he should go home with us that night. We knew how hard it was for her to come to that decision...we knew how badly she wished the answer was to keep him a little longer. And we were just so grateful for her and for her closeness to the
Spirit :)
That was Saturday, June 25th. That night...leaving the Jamison's home around 11:30...was the hardest thing. Knowing how hard it was for Alyssa and her whole family. We knew that we would be back probably the next day to be with them but it was still hard. I can't imagine their feelings...I know Lyss never wants another girl to go through what she had to go through. One of the hardest things of her life, for sure. Which makes us love and appreciate her even more!
We didn't leave WA until Friday, July 1st and we were with the Jamison's every day until then. It was SO neat to be able to spend so much time with them. We truly love them. They are some of the neatest people we know and we feel blessed to have them be a part of our lives forever. Here are some pictures of that week. We were at their house a lot and just had so many great conversations and laughed a lot! They know how to laugh! And their home is filled with love and the Spirit... we hope to always have a home like that for sweet Mason
Jamison Horne to grow up in!
 |
| we both couldn't get enough of his cuteness! Lyss did such a good job :) |
 |
| all clean after a bath! |
showing us his strong neck!
 |
| So comfy on Grandma Trisha |
 |
| Grandpa Jeff |
 |
| Capri LOVED Mason :) She was so sweet with him! |
 |
| Makayla :) |
 |
| Chelsey :) |
 |
| This was our last night together...they came back to the Hotel with us to see where we had been staying |
11 comments:
mason, you just made grammie's day!
you are such a big boy now it's hard to believe you were once that tiny. you just get more precious everyday.
i love you, Grammy
Such a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing it with everyone! Mason is the cutest!!
Oh man, your posts just make me bawl! Thank you for sharing all of this!
YAY! Loved reading this story. Brings me to tears to think about everything! I love it. I loved praying for and with you guys and am so grateful that little Mase has YOU for a mother and Chris for a daddy!! Love you guys!
I love this post and I love your family! Happy times. :)
Man you just made me cry so hard!! What an amazing story thank you so much for sharing and adoption is really AMAZING. I have enjoyed following your story very much Cristy thank you again for sharing. Your son is so beautiful congrats!
Way cool! Kelli and I are excited for you guys. Little kids are the coolest. Congratulations!
:)
I'm so happy for you guys! What a sweet story, and a great birthmom. I was so excited to read the story. I've been waiting for it! Congratulations!!
Christy--you wrote this story so beautifuly. I felt that it was happening all over again. Mason is blessed to have a loving mom and dad. I am thankful for Alyssa every day :)
Wow, Christy, reading that made me tear up! What a beautiful story. I am SO happy for you, Chris, Mason, and Alyssa. What a brave girl to do that!! I hope you are just loving being a mommy! Congrats. :)
Post a Comment