1.22.2008

Scariest thing that's happened to me since living in Provo!

So I guess I shouldn't be announcing this on my blog but I've been home alone since Thursday. Chris has been up in Park City driving for the Sundance Film Festival and hasn't had time to come home once. So I've just been doing a great job staying busy and staying out of the house. Yesterday I even went to a movie, August Rush...BEST MOVIE EVER, by myself. That's right, I got their just in time for the movie to start and walked down that dark movie isle to luckily find a seat with my junior popcorn in one hand and my huge diet coke in the other. Loved it! I found that I actually do ok alone. I just mozy along and take my time doing whatever I'm doing. So everything has been fine and dandy until tonight...dun dun dun. It's 10:30, I just got out of the shower, I have all the lights on (I've actually been sleeping with some of the lights on because it makes me feel better, sorry landlords who pay our electrical bill) the T.V. is on and the dryer is going. Hey, lots of noise makes me feel less alone. Well, I'm in the kitchen with my bathrobe on and I hear a knock at the door. What?! 10:30 at night, that's creepy...who is knocking at my door? I stay put and immediately start texting Chris. This is how our conversation goes...

Christy
- someone's knocking at the door but I'm in my bath robe and I just don't want to get it...
Christy- they just knocked again....why don't they just call me?
Chris- then don't get it. who is it?
Chris- look through the peep hole.
Christy- YA RIGHT!? that's creepy. I just crawled under the table in the kitchen. But don't worry, the door is locked but all the lights are on so they know someone is home.
Christy- That's mean if it's someone we know and they know I'm home alone. (I was just trying to think of the possibilities and it being some creep just wasn't a possibility)
Chris- well just don't answer it and if it's someone we know, you can tell them you were in the shower.
Christy- if it were the Popes (our landlords who live above us) why wouldn't they just call?(Again, just trying to think of who it would be)
Chris- it's the ups guy. don't answer it (Chris had called the Popes because he was worried and that's what they told him...that it was the UPS guy)
Christy- Why the hell is the ups guy here this late?! (Sorry for the lingo...I was scared)
Chris- Seriously, don't open the door
Christy- don't worry! that's the last thing I'm going to do. That seriously pisses me off. I seriously want to complain to UPS (I was thinking about how that would be the first thing I'd do in the morning)
Chris- Caleb(Pope) has it and said he'd bring it down...

So that whole time my stomach was turning, I was so nervous and my palms were getting sweaty. It just really creeped me out! Oh and I was under that kitchen table for 20 minutes. So I started texting Cassi Pope and she told me that they were coming down to bring me my package. And this is what the UPS guy just had to deliver at 10:30 at night...






HAHAHAHAH. Oh my! Well I guess the Popes have been receiving our mail and got this package today from UPS and Caleb thought, "Hey, I should dress up as a UPS Guy and deliver this to the Hornes!" hahaha. Oh man, you guys are hillarious! And I mean that. Even though it scared the crap out of me, I thoroughly enjoyed it! Thanks for the fun eventful night!! We love being your neighbors and I especially will never forget this. Thanks! That had to be the scariest/funniest/creepiest thing I've witnessed since living up here!!

12 comments:

Cassi said...

We couldn't stop laughing as we read this blog! We're glad you're such a good sport. You can come up and hang out any time you want until Chris gets home.

Ainges said...

Christy the beginning of your story freaked me out because when we lived in Provo on a Sunday morning when tanner was already at church and I was in a towel a guy really did push open my front door and I had to push him out! You still need to be VERY careful, there are perverts everywhere in P-town! Thanks for your number. I wanted to maybe do somethink this weekend but I have family coming in town, so we should plan for a week or two from this weekend. Anyway, I am glad you enjoyed Oscar...hahaha that sounded strange.

Courtney said...

That is the funniest story ever!!! I love that the UPS guy coming to your house is THE scariest thing that has happened to you since you have lived there! Why don't you come to Avondale and I will show you scary baby!
I can still picture you under the table in the fetal position rocking back and forth like something out of "Sixth Sense"...idea: maybe you should watch that movie by yourself and tell us the crazy stories that come to your mind while you are alone at night with the creepy UPS guy...oh, I am having so much fun with this...
BTW, your friend Caleb is hysterical!
Love ya Christy!

Courtney said...

PS - Are you going to share what was in the package that caused all the commotion? Come on, it's from JCrew and you have me courious about your cute find!;)

Chris and Christy said...

k, well Chris actually found it and decided to get it for me...and it was quite the find. It's the Cross-Back Tissue Tank Bahia Print...in the catalog for $48 and was on sale on-line for something ridiculous like $23...not bad! It was all him! I'm so spoiled and lucky! I owe it all to you(Courtney) and his wonderful Mother :) I'm actually wearing it today with my yellow card...I'm such a dork!

Michelle said...

ahahahah...hahhahaha...
ROTFLMAO
hahahahahahahahahahhaahhahaha
That was funny. It's great to have fun neighbors!
And just think...April Fool's Day is right around the corner...time to start planning :)

Courtney said...

You have now idea how good you have it when it comes to your hubby and shopping! No fair!

Sarah said...

Christy! You're UPS story totally cracked me up. Those silly Popes! Ya gotta love them! They sure do know how to play a good prank on you! I recently just switched my blog over to be private. Did you get an invitation? If not email me and let me know and I'll send you an invite. I'm on the ward website, or my email is just my full name @gmail.com Have a great day!

The Meachams said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAAAhahahahahaheeee heee hee heee!!!

I love that you crawled under your kitchen table in your BATH ROBE!!!

The Clarks said...

WHY CANT JOHNNY BE A LITTLE BIT MORE LIKE CHRIS! SERIOUSLY! I WILL PAY CHRIS TO TEACH MY HUSBAND HOW! btw...funny story! Um you totally should have called me when you went to the movie by yourself! I would have loved to have gotten out of my freakin cave! I seriously have a bad case of cabin fever!!! HELP!

Anonymous said...

wow! that guy would have scared me to! look at those legs! Hey I really wish you we're here, because I desperatly need/want someone to run with my next week in a 1/2 marathon... Aaron won't even atempt it :( Keep us posted on how you're doing with marathon traing!

The Elders said...

I am laughing so hard right now, that I almost pee'd my pants, my bladder is smooshed from this dang baby.