2.02.2011

HAPPY GROUNDHOG'S DAY!

Did you know.....

My Grandad Orr & Grandma Roxie started celebrating this day about 50 yrs ago by preparing a big ground 'hog' breakfast for all their neighbors & friends every year.

My Dad & Mom continued the tradition after they got married. Ever since I can remember, people from our neighborhood and ward would come over for breakfast on ground hog's day..easily over a 100 would show.

When Chris & I had only been dating for a week, I invited him over for ground hog breakfast, 7 years ago today ... I remember it like it was yesterday! I was sooo giddy and nervous. You see, I liked him A LOT at that point. And I was pretty sure he liked me...I mean, he came and ate GROUND HOG with me!

*side note...Ground Hog is just grounded up Hog. :)

(picture of my cute parents on their mission...serving ground hog breakfast to all the missionaries in their area)

4 comments:

Courtney said...

I love all the fun/funny traditions your family has! I want a "Hog Breakfast"!:)

{Levi and Em} said...

This is so cute Christy! I'm glad you did a post about this. Hmmm...pretty sure I am going to copy you! Don't be mad. Love you!

Owens, LandM said...

way to 'spill the beans' about the real Groundhog!!! jk don't you remember that the 's' word is taboo on Feb. 2? Love you, thanks for the tribute...

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

I love this tradition...so cute!