5.17.2011

33 weeks!!!

YUP! That's right....I'm 33 weeks along!!!! Those ultrasound pictures on the fridge are of our little BOY!! This past weekend, Chris & I made a trip to go visit our baby boy & our beautiful birth mother :) We have been so anxious for this trip but also comforted in knowing the visit would go well.  And when we finally met face to face Friday afternoon...it couldn't have felt better :) It was amazing how natural everything was...like this was always a part of Heavenly Father's plan for us and the 4 of us(Lyss, baby boy, Chris & I) had all agreed upon it!
Day 1 ~ Falls, Dinner, Play

 Right after we met, we walked over to this gondola ride that took us over these amazing falls! We just talked and laughed a lot...thanks to Chris :) He pretty much thinks he's the comedian! haha, he can always make me laugh & I love that about him. Isn't Lyss so pretty!?...it was hard not to look at her and think 'wow, our baby is right there!' but also feelings of unconditional love for her...for giving us this amazing, priceless and eternal gift. It was all rushing through my head and I really couldn't believe it all was happening AND that it all felt so right.
After the gondola ride, we walked over to a nearby restaurant and enjoyed dinner.... this is her little brother Brayden. Of course Chris hit it off with Brayden right from the beginning...little kids absolutely LOVE Chris! That's probably why they've kept him in nursery for so long...he keeps them happy :)
After dinner we headed over to a high school that was putting on a 'Narnia' play. It was very good! I wish high schools down here put more effort in to producing cool plays. But maybe they do and I just don't know about it?! The costumes and back drops were amazing...I can't believe I didn't get a picture of that. When we were walking out of the play, little 9yr old Capri looks at me and says, "So, how was your day?", me: "It was just perfect! How was yours?!", Capri: "It was great! We were really looking forward to meeting you guys!" haha! It was just the cutest thing ever!! After the play, we mingled in the parking lot for quite a while and talked and laughed and got to know each other a little better. That was all Day 1! It was so wonderful!! Chris and I felt so happy and at peace! I don't think I stopped smiling until we went to bed.This whole adoption thing can be scary...it is a major roller coaster!! Luckily for us, it's been a wonderful experience. We feel so blessed that many prayers were answered and Lyss & our Baby Boy found us!! It couldn't feel more right :)

Day 2 ~ Temple, Coeur d'Alene, UltraSound
Chris and I got up and dressed to visit the temple with Lyss' parents. We walked in and.....Chris' recommend was EXPIRED!! Oh he was sooooo embarrassed!! I felt so bad for him :( but hey! now it's a great story to tell! haha. It ended up working out fine because Trish & I still went in and it was nice to have really good one on one time with her. Meanwhile, Chris & Jeff headed to the lake to get the boat ready and they had a great time together. So after the temple, we all met in Coeur d'Alene and had lunch at a restaurant right on the lake...it was absolutely breathtaking. It was so neat that they planned that for us! We felt so lucky :) We then all piled on to the boat and enjoyed a nice ride....until it got pretty choppy and completely soaked the passengers up front....aka ME, LYSS & CAPRI :) haha, it was great! Freezing! but great! We were able to really enjoy each others company and ask questions we've all been wanting to ask in person. It was so neat! After the lake, we enjoyed the famous HUGE sundaes back at the restaurant again. I got the huckleberry sundae...which Coeur d'Alene is apparently known for their huckleberries. It was really good! 
Chris, me & Lyss

Capri & I
Chris & Lyss(I told her to make a face & this is what I got:))
Capri & Makayla
Lyss & Brayden
Jeff, Brayden & Trisha
Brayden fell asleep like this...guess he was pretty tired! :)
It was such a beautiful lake...we felt so lucky we were able to experience it! What a treat!!
After the lake, Lyss took us to see her Doctor... he was sooo nice to see us at 7:30pm on a Saturday night! And Lyss was so sweet to set that up :) We were able to see baby boy moving all around! And we saw his leg and his little footsies and his guy parts and his eye socket! haha, he was covering his face with his hands! I guess he wants his face to be a surprise for us :) We just couldn't believe that we were fortunate enough to have that experience! It was so neat and we felt so grateful! And it just made everything feel SO real!! Her doctor was incredible and made it a very special, spiritual experience. I'm just so excited for this lil guy to come I can hardly contain myself! We then headed over to her home and had a little BBQ that her mom prepared for us...so nice! Day 2 ended at 10:30 and we were all so exhausted! haha
Day 3 ~ Church & Goodbyes
 We went to church with the whole family and during sacrament meeting I finally was able to feel baby boy move! It was so surreal! Afterwards, we had to say our goodbyes and it was actually hard! We didn't feel like leaving yet. We had come to feel so comfortable around the whole family and there was still so much to talk about! Chris & I feel like our family just got a whole lot bigger! And we feel so blessed for that. Lyss, her parents and all her siblings are just amazing people and we just love & appreciate them and their kindness! And we CAN NOT wait for our next visit up there!!! July 1stish.... hopefully sooner!! :)

40 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for us BOTH! It is the most amzing blessing. She is a doll. After our babies are born they need to be "adopted" friends ;) Great pics!

Annie said...

Every time I see you have a new post I kept hoping this was what it was going to say. I can't believe it. I have so many questions. i could drill you forever. Lets just sum it up like this. I love that he is a cute little boy with a darling mama so he will be so adorable. I am so happy for you. You have waited for this so long. I hope it all goes smoothly. Adoption can be rocky...

Owens Family said...

Christy - Alisha and I are stinkin excited for both of you. Lyss is absolutely adorable and it's easy to tell why she chose you. It seems like you guys fit in. How cool to have another family in Spokane. I'm sure the relationships you're creating will be forever...not just with baby boy but with the whole Jameson family. So cool! And Roxie is very excited to have a boy cousin close to her age. Can't wait for July 1stish.

Love ya!

Karie Owens said...

I am so grateful you guys were able to have such an amazing experience!!! I am at a loss of words when it comes to Alyssa! She must be such a wonderful person to embrace this very hard sacrifice with such a gracious and loving outlook. The Lord obviously has his hand in this MIRACLE and must have something very special in store for Alyssa just as he does for this sweet baby boy! I couldn't be happier for you, my eyes are full of tears I can't control!

Love you!
Karie

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

oh Christy that is so wonderful! When ever I see you have a new post I hope it will bear this great news. what wonderful parents you will be that baby boy is so lucky to have you both. Congratulations again and that is so neat you got to experience so many of the pre delivery things most adoptive parents don't get to do. what a blessing!!

Cassi said...

This just makes me so happy! I am so excited for you guys! You totally deserve this and have been waiting for sooooo long. I really couldn't be happier for you. AND you guys are getting a boy, which around here, we love boys! So exciting! Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy!

Angie Milne said...

This is the greatest story ever, I'm just waiting for the banner to drop in saying, "and they lived happily ever after..." I just love you and am SO happy for you guys!!! Baby boy is so lucky to have you as parents, he will be so loved! I can't wait!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! So so so happy for you guys!

Congrats!

Now it's the name game...

Auburn said...

Yeah! It's perfect! I'm so glad it went well! You are just about the most gorgeous girl I've ever seen in those pictures and Miss Alyssa is adorable too not that it matters . . . just sayin'!

I'm so glad it feels real to you now and SO happy you got to see baby boy in the ultra sound and feel him move at church!!

Tell Christ I said to get that temple recommend renewed and get to the temple pronto so you guys can thank Heavenly Father for this amazing experience . . . ha ha. Let us know if you want us to come along ;o)

Love you guys!

Auburn said...

Ha ha - so hilarious - glad you texted me - I needed a good laugh before bed! Pretty sure Christ doesn't need to renew his, but CHRIS does!!

Michelle said...

I am just dieing to meet and hug (super tight) Alyssa!! She is an amazing and kind and sweet and selfless girl! I very thankful to and for her. I hope I get to meet her someday.
Christy...I'm also thankful to have you as my sister and as my friend. You are such a great example to me. I love you.

angela hardison said...

it was so fun reading all of this! still SO excited and SO happy for you guys! really though, i get all teary-eyed every time i start to think about it. can't wait to meet the little guy!

Courtney from The Beauty Mark said...

We could not be more excited for you guys! We are praying for you and are so happy for your amazing journey!

Courtney from The Beauty Mark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CHRIS and JENNY. said...

what an amazing trip. how exciting guys! can't wait for the little guys arrival!

annie said...

yay! it looks like you guys had so much fun! alyssa is the most amazing girl i know and you guys are just too cute :)

Anonymous said...

Christy I am so excited for you! I had chills the whole time while reading this. I cannot wait to have playdates with you and your little guy! You are going to be the BEST mommy EVER!! Lyss is so lucky to have found you guys with Heavenly Fathers help of course :) I have been thinking about you a lot and just love you and I am so excited for you!!!!

VoNique said...

Your post totally has me teary! I'm so excited for you guys.

Kurt and Carli said...

Congrats Chris an Christy! You two will make great parents! You can definitely see the joy and excitement written all over your faces:)

Carli

Audra Owens said...

What an awesome time for you and Chris! Alyssa looks like she has a great family and I'm so happy you are getting to know them. What fun! Alyssa is beautiful by the way, she looks like she could be related to you.

Natalie Hall said...

Of course I'm crying my eyes out right now..... This is the greatest news I've heard in a long time. What a miracle. Your days seemed absolutely perfect. I'm sure the moment she met the two of you she was overcome with your special spirit. What a lovely way to end my day. Thank you so much for sharing this incredible news that we were waiting to hear........

Raymond Owens said...

Thanks for sharing your amazing weekend with us. I'm trying not to get too soft but this really touched me. Thank you for the detailed description of your activities. Alyssa seems amazing and I agree you four (Alyssa, Chris, Christy and my new nephew) were meant for each other. Thank you Alyssa for giving my little sister and her wonderful husband a child to love. I feel blessed to be a part of your family.

The Meachams said...

This is all so UNBELIEBABLE!!! You AND Alyssa look amazing for being 33 weeks prego :). That’s such a proud moment to put your ultrasound pics on the fridge! That was SO sweet of Alyssa to make that happen. One of my favorite parts of your weekend was you getting to feel the baby move!!!! NO WAY!!! Awesome! I’m so grateful Alyssa has come into your life and can’t wait for baby Mason to arrive!

Kathryn said...

Christy!!! We are so happy and excited for you! Karie told me a little while back, but I didn't want to say anything to you until you said something...so now I can! Yay! It really looks like your time up there was perfect and couldn't have gone any better. What a special experience! Thank you for sharing...it made my day :)

Natalie Johansen said...

So much love and SO deserved! We send our excitement and love all the way from Wisconsin!!

Kim said...

OK, well that was impossible to read without shedding a tear. I could not be happier for you if you were my own child!

I am sure at times you thought your Father in Heaven had forgotten you when in reality he was just preparing the vessel. Alyssa is precious in her own right and from the begininng of all of this I have had a tender place in my heart for her. I hope one day I am lucky enough to meet her.

Love you.

Julia said...

Sniffed my way through your blog. We love you both very much as well those you were with this weekend. Bishop and Lila

AZMarianos said...

Hey cousin! I am so happy and excited for you! You guys have been in our prayers ever since we found out that you were looking to adopt. Without adoption and the selfless sacrifice of others we wouldn't have our sweet little Landon - it is an amazing gift! I'm teary eyed and just so excited at the same time. CONGRATS!!!

Erin

Lindsay Brummer said...

I had heard the news, but reading this story was simply incredible. I am so happy for you guys and so excited for all that is about to become your life. What a wonderful experience and what a blessing. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Jeff said...

Hey you guys! This is Jeff, Alyssa's dad. We have loved to be a new part of your family. Getting to know you both has been so much fun. Lyss is so happy, and it is so wonderful to see her smile and know that she will have the opportunity to be involved in your lives in this way.

Thank you for coming to see us and joining this crazy family!

With love and hugs to you both!

Jeff

I was raised in a barn said...

Michelle told me you were going to be posting some exciting news soon. I had to stop by and see. I cried reading this. I have always thought you and chris would make amazing parents. How wonderful that the time is near. Looks like you guys had an amazing weekend. i am so happy for you!! Lyss is beautiful and she making the best decision. What an amazing selfless person she is. Good luck in the final weeks. I really am soooo happy for you!
Lizzy Rigby

Chelsea said...

Chris and Christy! I am so glad you got to meet my fanily! I was extremely bumped I couldn't be there. But I can't wait to meet you two in person. I have heard such wonderful things. Thanks for being so amazing.
Chelsea Jamison

Lundyloo said...

Wow what an amazing experience. I am so excited for you guys!!! Congrats! You are the most gorgeous girl ever by the way and are going to be the cutest mommy:)

Lundyloo said...

I don't know why it is signed into this one but this is Hawli:)

Shalayne and Clayton said...

Christy that is the best blog post I have ever seen. That is such great news I am so excited for you guys. You are going to be such great parents. Congratulations!

Hillary from The Beauty Mark said...

Oh Christy I am so SO happy for your family. You guys have been in my thoughts for weeks I'm so glad everything went so well. You two will be amazing parents!! PS: You are one HOT mama!!

{Levi and Em} said...

I've read this post at least a dozen times and I cry every time. I love this and I am so excited for you guys. Lyss is just as gorgeous as your described her and looks AMAZING for being 33 weeks! I love you sis so much and I love Lyss for everything that she has done for you and Chris.
Ps-I have to agree with Hills, my favorite part of this post/story was you getting to feel the baby kick! LOVE YOU!!

Michelle said...

Yes... I'm reading this again. I love to go back and read the comments. You are SO loved.
I especially love reading the little notes from Alyssa's dad and sister. This is such a beautiful thing. As they become your family, they become ours as well :) Are they ready for that!?!!
Love you Christy and Chris...

Anonymous said...

Christy!!!! I am so excited for you! You will be such a wonderful mom!! Congratulations!! I'm excited to see pictures! He will be so cute! I am just so happy for you!
~Kendra

Collin said...

I am excited for you and Chris! Lyss you are a courageous little rockstar!

Let us know when baby boy comes... our boys should meet up and hang out :)