3.02.2008

Favorite 1st's

1st time meeting the team that we would be spending the next 32hrs with

1st time spending 32 hrs in a van with 5 other girls who ended up being some of the kindest, funniest, wittiest, goofiest, weirdest(in a good way), stylish, & generous girls…THANK YOU for the CD, pull over fleece, adorable running hair band, hot tamales, Dermatologica face wash & lotion, running tips & running encouragement etc….

1st leg of the race, which was Chris. All of us girls were so nervous for him like he was our little boy or something…the excitement was definitely there. He said everyone was running a 6:15min mile for the 1st mile. Fast! Don’t worry, he took it down a notch after that.



1st run by Lisa and her yelling in a voice I didn’t know could come out of her, “I’m gonna get him!” and pointing at the poor guy in front of her….if he heard her yell that, he was most likely scared. Don’t worry, we got video of her passing him. That kind of determination is what got us to the finish line Saturday at 6:30pm

1st time running in complete darkness and such serenity. We were out in the desert with no street lamps. Those night runs consisted of you, your ipod and your support vehicle 300yds in front or behind you. It was great!


1st run of mine. I loved every moment of it. It started at 12am and I think I sang at the top of my lungs for 80% of the time.

1st meal, food that didn’t consist of power bars, at DJ’s Bagel CafĂ© in Fountain Hills…mmmm good. Thank You Primos for the great recommendation!

1st bout with heat exhaustion(not a favorite but a 1st)….sorry Natalie!

1st meal after the race at El Charro….mmmm bean burro covered in their yummy hot sauce. Hits the spot every time! Followed by Haagen Dazs Coffee ice cream.

1st shower

1st real slumber that lasted 12hrs!

all in all, my 1st Ragnar Relay was AWESOME and well worth the drive to AZ from UT…..in the Prius rental, which by the way, got us down in just $45 in gas!!

11 comments:

mamaste said...

What about some 1st photos?? Post your pics!

DeAnn McWhorter said...

Hey Christy,
It's me your old boss!!! I found you blog off of Chelsey's. It is so fun to see how you guys are doing. I love your posts. You really had me laughing about the nursing thing. Send me your email at deanninpa@yahoo.com and I will invite you to my blog. You and your hubby are SO cute together! I remember those Provo days too. Enjoy it!

Courtney said...

AMEN!To Emily's comment...I want pics too!!! I am so jealous! I really want to put together a team for the Utah relay this summer. You game?
I can't believe we didnt' get to see you guys...STUPID UFC!!! I am PISSED now! Sorry, for the language...I guess I just really miss you two.
Luvs ya and SOOO glad you had fun!

Lisa Harris said...

Thanks for being a HUGE part of our team. We love Christy! I am making you a CD of the photo's. Email me your address. We have your headlamp, one walkie talkie and your CD. xoxo Lisa and Emily!

Natalie Hall said...

You and Chris are Champs for driving all the way down from Utah to make this team happen! I hope the drive back is enjoyable. Christy, you and Chris rock at running, not suprised! What a memorable experience. I will never froget how nervous we all got befor Chris took off on the first leg, I about died. And he did incredible in that heat. And you brought it home for all of us, you ran so fast that last leg, way to go girl! And your driving skills were proffesional. Good luck healing, see ya soon.

Amy Y said...

Christy, I'm so glad I got to finally meet you after growing up in the same ward!! Too funny. You were a blast, so fun to be with, a great driver which was a relief for me, a great navigator... and of course a great runner with endless enthusiasm. Sorry for ditching you to get gas and treats on your first run. You and Chris both did awesome and it was so great of you to spend like 70 hours in the car almost consecutively to be with a bunch of people you didn't even know. Can't wait for 2009!

Courtney said...

Hey, question...who is that standing by Chris in the red? Is that Kurt Whalin, or a "Whalin"? Brett will DIE if so...must know! :)

Courtney said...

Nevermind. I found more pics...not him. Haha! Funny.

Amy Y said...

Dan does look like Kurt in that last picture...

The Clarks said...

You rock christy! Too bad you didn't get a picture of me locking my keys in my car. The things I do just to see my christy cross the finish line! jk! I am going to try to jump back into my training tomorrow....wish me luck!!!!

Allie said...

Wow! You and Chris are SO awesome! Great job on the race, you should be seriously proud of yourself.