3.24.2008

My ideal weekend.....

What does my ideal weekend consist of?? Eating out, seeing a movie, eating out, running, eating out, seeing a movie and so on. So this past weekend was so my ideal weekend and more. Friday night was CPK, Maggie Moo's for Chris and 2 White Chocolate Fudge Cookies from Smart Cookie for Christy and then the cute cheesy movie 'Horton hears a Who' with, ofcourse, a Large Diet Coke to share. Saturday morning was our traditional Einsteins Bagel. We go every Saturday morning and take at least an hour to eat a bagel and ofcourse, we share a Diet Coke. Love it! Then it was off to our 10 mile run. My friend, Amy joined us this time and it was the furthest she had ever ran and she did GREAT! But I think what got her through the last 2 miles was knowing that we'd be eating at Pei Wei and getting Paradise Bakery Chippers to go. Mmmmmm, black & white chippers, mmmmm. My mouth is salivating right now. You don't understand...eating at Pei Wei or Paradise Bakery is a real treat for us Provo Residents. It's a pretty good drive to the nearest location.
After that, Chris and I went to the gym and sat in the jacuzzi. Gross right?! We ran 10 miles and then sat our filthy bodies in the public jacuzzi. Haha. I don't care, it felt great. Then off to another cheesy, but not so cute, movie 'Alvin & the Chipmunks'. The only thing I enjoyed in that theater was my popcorn and Large Diet Coke to share. Movie theater popcorn is so worth it though, so all was well. Sunday morning was perfect for an Easter morning. We drove up to the Tabernacle to listen to Music & The Spoken Word.(pictures to come) I love listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir live. It was a beautiful program. If I could wake up that early every Sunday morning and if I didn't mind the drive, I'd do it every week. And when we got home from church, we discovered that the Easter Bunny had made a stop at our home. She even hid some eggs to create an Easter Egg hunt for us and I heard she hopped across the grass when delivering the sweet basket. Thank You Primos! You're so thoughtful!


So there you have it, my Perfect Weekend. I know it has a lot of flaws. Like maybe the constant eating out or constant consumption of Diet Coke but for some reason it's perfect in my eyes. Maybe it's the fact that I get to spend every minute with my Love. My Best Friend. Christopher. And sitting at a table in a restaurant, just talking and enjoying food just sounds so appealing to us. I think it's all just a habit we've created and I know it won't be like this forever, so I guess you can say we're soaking it up and enjoying every minute. I know that's pretty irresponsible, seeing how we're still poor college students, but it's a price I'll pay. I LOVE MY WEEKENDS! & I love spending time with my Christopher! Whether it's running together, going on drives together, eating together or watching our late night shows every night together, 'The Family Guy' or 'The Tonight Show' and falling asleep on the ground every night and then one of us eventually moving the both of us to bed, usually around 2 or 4 in the morning. Love it.

18 comments:

daina said...

christy, YOU ARE PERFECT!!! a mother could not ask for more for her one and only son. it made me tear up reading it. i love you christy!

daina

Allie said...

Sounds like a pretty perfect weekend to me! The only adjustments I'd have to make are minus the ten mile run and plus a couple diet cokes. Yep, much better.

Anonymous said...

How fun? I'm jealous of that amazing weekend. So do you have the nike iPod running chip? I live for it, and if you don't already have it you need it!!! You and amy look so cute!

Michelle said...

Wow Christy! You sure know how to enjoy life. I'm so proud of you. You are a great example to me... well except for the Diet Coke part :)
Love you!

Courtney said...

I knew you could follow my diet coke example. Well done my dear. Now follow me through my caffeine headaches, as I try to get off of it...well, not really...but, cutting back at least.
happy weekend!

Lisa Harris said...

Oh Christy..please move close to me so Eric and I can join you and Chris by drinking at least 80oz of diet per day. Eric however does not enjoy popcorn and I LOVE that about him. It just means more for me..yes I am selfish.
Thank you for making a new post.

VoNique said...

You guys are so cute!

The Clarks said...

Thank you for saying that I did great. I cannot thank you enough for pushing me on sat. I am still laughing at me tapping on my wrist to get the time from chris! Ha ha! Thanks for hanging out with us the whole weekend and thanks for making my Ivy free weekend the bomb! love ya!

The Meachams said...

I want to be like you when I grow up.

Chris and Christy said...

HAHA, funny Hills.

DeAnn McWhorter said...

Christy,
I am so glad you are so happy! Those college days go by quickly so savor them! Savor the time that it is just the two of you!

Amy Y said...

Sounds perfect to me too. And I am so jealous because it's been a very long time since we got to do whatever we wanted like that. Sounds like heaven.

davidandsuzi said...

That sounds like my favorite kind of weekend too...minus all the running! HA. You guys are crazy runners!

Anonymous said...

hey chisty, you are so cute. I miss you so much. I finally created a blog like the rest of mesa it is jennaandmatt@blogspot.com
love ya

Chelsey Howard said...

Christy your so cute. I agree with u. Who cares if your poor college students, its worth it to go out with your hubby. It sound pretty close to my ideal weekend, except I'm more high maitenance cause I would want playing at the beach to be in there somewhere too.

mamaste said...

love it! makes me remember the old days of discovering the cute einsteins on center, eating out as a twosome instead of a threesome, enjoying mo 'tab on easter sunday, drinking diet coke without worrying about how it'll effect my milkies.
haha.

you're making me miss those good 'ol caution-to-the-wind weekends :( Wait! Am I making Eli feel bad? (he's worth it, i swear!)

Tatiana said...

Hi Christy! I love those weekends. I would rather spend time with my man and my boys than do anything else. I hope you are doing great! Keep in touch girl! love ya

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris, how are you doing? We are coming up to Utah soon, but it is really busy, but i will forsure try to call you. Your weekend well here is what i gotta say

Don't mess with me when I'm hungry! ha ha