Sometimes-
God sends rain
Straight from the sky
To nourish the young flower
and it grows.
Sometimes-
God sends rain from the sky
To the mountaintops,
Then over hills and through valleys
Until it reaches the flower
and it grows, just the same.
Sometimes-
God sends a child
Straight from His realm
Into a mother's arms
and love grows.
Sometimes-
God sends a child
From heaven to another's arms,
Then over hills and through valleys
Until he reaches the arms of his mother
and love grows, just the same.
By Diana Lynn Lacey(April Ensign)
I gotta say...I have some wonderful friends who are always thinking of me and sending me quotes and such...And they usually come at the PERFECT time...when I really need it. I'm grateful for people who are in tune with the spirit. It's a wonderful thing and it blesses my life. It makes me want to be a better person. A better wife, sister, daughter, aunt & Friend!
The other week was a tough week...not exactly sure why. Definitely a combination of things...work was particularly sucky, and I was feeling stressed over something stupid that I can't even remember what. But for some reason all of this, plus some natural feelings that come along with not yet being blessed with children, was making me feel less of a person. Less of a Mother & Wife & person in general.
So anyway, Chris & I went to the Temple...such a serene place. And at two different times...random ladies came up to me and told me that they thought I was 'just so pretty'...there's no other explanation for this other then they were in tune with the spirit & simply knew I needed a boost that day. I needed to be reminded that my Heavenly Father loves me so much! That I am beautiful in His eyes! When I say beautiful...I'm talking about the kind of beauty Mother's hold...it's a glow...they're special...they've been entrusted with God's children...it's such a beautiful thing to be a Mother. A Mother sacrifices so much for her children...her day is spent in service to others...such a beautiful thing that creates a glow. That builds character you can't get any other way. I think some forget that.
So when those girls in the temple told me I was 'pretty', I knew they weren't talking about the Barbie Pretty...they were talking about the Mother Pretty...the glow...the kind of pretty you can see is inside...
Sorry so many of my posts are becoming dramatic... I can't help myself :)
Chris & I can't wait....Chris always reminds me how worth it, this wait will be...and when that moment comes, all of this waiting will seem like nothing! I just know it!!
8 comments:
We LOVE you guys and those ladies in the temple were right - you are beautiful (inside & out).
Praying for you guys often, and I know so many people are! Can't wait for Heavenly Father to send that babe into your arms!
Sweet post Christy. I enjoy reading your uplifting and positive posts. You are a great example of seeing the 'big picture' and having a great attitude throughout difficult trials.
Carli
Didn't you just die when you got the Ensign and there was 4 whole pages about the miracle of adoption! :) Hey....I have to tell you we got contacted by a sweet birthmom and she is due in May....it's gonna happen soon for you guys...i feel it!
Loved this post
~Melissa
Christy,
I think the ladies in the temple were talking about both kinds of pretty because you are obviously SO pretty on the outside too!! I really am so excited to hear the wonderful baby news when you finally do recieve it. You really will be one amazing mom!
:) Kippy
you really are beautiful - inside and out. i loved this post. i am SO excited for you to be a mother!
I love your blog and your sweet posts. You and Chris both are both amazing and will be the best parents. It's just a matter of time and when the time comes, we will have the biggest baby shower celebration!
You're going to be the most amazing mother... I hope you get a baby soon so I can take notes from you. :)
You are so amazing Christy!!! I love you!! And you are gonna be the best mom in the WORLD!! You already are mastering the art of patience which is something every mom needs.
Post a Comment